Living in the fear of mesothelioma cancer disease

Living in the fear of mesothelioma cancer disease

Firstly, the fear of mesothelioma, you may wonder what mesothelioma is and why you should be afraid of it?. Mesothelioma is the medical name for lung cancer, and is usually caused by exposure to asbestos. My symptoms do not appear until 50 years or more after the exposure to asbestos, and people who have not had contact with asbestos for many years, are now signs of having this deadly disease. The symptoms are usually shortness of breath, cough and chest pain and feel very tired. Why should I be afraid of him? As a small child, I lived near a factory that used asbestos to make refractory products and other insulating materials for the building industry. I believe that asbestos has also been used in the manufacture of break fittings.

I remember seeing the asbestos dust that sprung from the factory covering the surrounding area (including a part of our schoolyard) with this deadly snow like powder. Of course, as we were just children at that time, we had absolutely no idea what mortal this dust was. We even played in completely oblivious to its dangers. The horror came later. It was not until several years after the factory had been closed, as we began to see the horrors of this white powdery snow looking, we played with the children. At that time I was much older, and the dangers of asbestos had given me massive coverage by the media, so I was now aware of what could happen to myself and hundreds of other people who lived in the same Region than this plant in the years to come. TV Documentary. This factory received coverage from the national television, and on a program they interviewed the families who suffered because of the asbestos problem. I was shocked to see that I knew some of the people who had lost family members due to developing mesothelioma, in fact, I went to school with some of the people who took part in the program.

The program showed old photographs of the area around the factory (including my old school) covered with powder, and it seemed to have been snowing. When you see all this on TV, it really does make you a little worried, especially when you have been in contact with asbestos, as I did. Treatments. If mesothelioma is diagnosed early enough, healing is possible with a combination of surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy. However, in the case of a more advanced disease a cure is not possible, but with the right treatments the disease can be slowed dramatically and medication can be used to relieve a pain. X-Rays. As a precaution I had X-rays, a few years ago to put my mind to rest, and fortunately they were all clearly. The doctor recommended that I would have X-rays on a very regular basis just to be on the safe side. So for now everything is OK, but I will always be a little worried about what might happen in the future.

The post Living in the fear of mesothelioma cancer disease appeared first on Mesotheliomcancer.



Source: Mesotheliomcancer http://ift.tt/2C4h7wI

Share:

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Search on the blog